Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

Here’s another FACT you got wrong

DPR and LPR declared in 2014.

Here is is again. This is untrue. Would you ever stop making things up.

The EU’s treaties bar the bloc from using its normal budget to fund operations with military or defense implications. Under the plans announced Sunday, as first reported by POLITICO, the EU will use an off-budget so-called “European Peace Facility” financing instrument with a ceiling of €5 billion that can be used to provide military aid.

They’ve gone off budget… just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t mean it isn’t true

You just can’t stop being wrong… I’m surprised you aren’t very embarrassed

They’ve not gone against treaties. You said it was a fact that they had. This is untrue. You’re constantly at it.

it’s there in plain fucking black and white… is it the wording I use that gets you so upset?

They aren’t allowed use their budget for defense purposes according to the treaties, so they’ve gone off budget. They’ve gone against the treaties. Subverted them, gotten around it, gone off budget.

You’re wrong again, and outraged because you are so wrong

How would you word that?

That doesn’t go against the treaties. Look at it this way, the budget’s been agreed and is ringfenced. They’ve made an additional agreement. It doesn’t go against the treaties and it doesn’t undermine the treaties, the budget is still there and it is still ringfenced. This was a decision made by EU states by the way. Ireland agreed to it.

No, our foreign minister agreed to it. This is how the militarisation of the EU is being conducted. The EU is an economic union, not a military one.

I don’t agree with it, as is my entitlement and opinion.

They are barred from using EU budget for military operations. So they found away around it. It’s that simple. This is unprecedented. You might agree with it, I don’t. It doesn’t mean it didn’t happen

The EU has done some things well during this conflict, the sanctions are amazing, and some things I think they aren’t doing well. That’s my opinion.

If I criticize some part of the EU response, does that make me a Russian stooge in your eyes? Do I have to be all in, hand wringing in endorsement of everything you think?

You’re childlike in your response to hearing things you don’t like

Lads like Glas and Bandage need the Irish Times to tell them their opinion :smiley:

You may disagree with it if you like but it doesn’t go against the treaties as you have contended. In fact it’s enabled by the treaties because the council can, all together, make decisions like this. They do so regularly. Right now they’re coming up with mechanisms to address the energy crisis, during covid they came up with lots of other things.

On your last point, no you don’t need to agree with everything I say or the EU does. I disagree with lots of things the EU has done but I don’t make up wild theories that they’ve broken treaties or have a European army.

But if you do disagree with the EU funding the Ukrainian military, I would say that does indeed make you a Russian stooge, absolutely, yes.

I don’t agree with them funding any military, outside of the union, any even inside i wouldn’t agree with it. The EU was never meant to be a military alliance

I never said they’ve broken the treaties, they’ve gone against them, they’ve subverted the treaty to get funds into a military operation by using an off budget mecahinism

It’s not them, it’s us. Ireland has contributed 55million or so. And ok, fine, I think that makes you a Russian stooge.

wow.

there you have it. Criticising the EU = Russian Stooge.

Case closed folks

1 Like

Not true. You’ve performed another leap. I said that if you disagree with funding the Ukrainian military you are a Russian stooge. That’s a clear choosing of sides, what else would you be.

I don’t disagree with funding the Ukrainian military you thick, lying cunt. I’ve said so on numerous occassions. I disagree with it being done through an EU mechanism.

Let individual nations fund them, should they so choose, or maybe use the existing military alliances to do it. Just not another fucking military alliance that the World absolutely doesn’t need poking its nose in geo-politics

I’m actually done with you on this. You’re either incredibly stupid or incredibly dishonest, either way, you’re not worth a fuck

No it’s not you absolute ham :rofl::rofl:

Choosing to fund the Ukrainians weapons is actually well and truly picking a side and getting involved in bloodshed. choosing not to arm one side is the complete opposite of getting involved you absolute crackpot

Which the EU should be doing as an economic union. It’s now a military union.

Will you please calm down with your cursing and name-calling.

That’s exactly what’s happened. Individual EU states have all chosen to support Ukraine, they’ve pooled and coordinated their contributions.

Glad to have cleared that up for you. Perhaps you are not a Russian stooge after all.

I think you might be thinking of the European Economic Community, mate?

So any country we (EU) didn’t arm in a conflict we’ve taken the opposing side… Wow … Or are we just talking about the war in Ukraine affecting white people?