Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Mackenzie

1 Like

Sure look it, its your own opinion but my youngins will be named Finn, Hannon or Lynch for boys and Casey or o’Donoghue for a girl.

7 Likes

O’Donoghue :rofl:

1 Like

No young fella will be shifting my daughter o’Donoghue at the energizer.

2 Likes

Sam Matterface is a bigger prick than Lee Dixon

A good video on the skills Pele showcased. To say that he didnt change the game is ridiculous. He was doing things that no one at the time would consider do or attempt. He was way ahead of his time in terms of ability and skill. You also cant compare how a player was years ago if they were playing today. Sport moves on and adapts, you have to compare how above their peers they were at their time. And Pele was clearly miles ahead.

17 Likes

That is fucking brilliant!

What if your favourite player is Stanley Matthews?

2 Likes

Those free kicks with the ball they used then are even more magnificent.

Hard believe they omitted the overhead against the Germans.

I think it was Barney Ronay who said watching Pele was like watching someone drop a modern day footballer into his era. His thought process and execution of the skills was so far ahead of anyone around him.

I’ll always prefer Diego but then he was a God when I was starting to watch football and he was the supreme rogue too.

1 Like

The over head against the Germans is arguably the greatest goal of all time.

1 Like

It was incredible. We were lucky to have so many camera angles of it really.

Ridiculous faith from the management not to bring on a sub for him earlier though.

1 Like

Incredible awareness by Moore to get out wide to ping the ball in as well.

Speaks volumes about the man

*this is not an unpopular opinion but an observation of this thread

This is a fantastic thread. Pure tfk. Make an unpopular statement about your opinion, dig in and argue it like fuck

I love dogs but dogs have no place in pubs. (canine kind, not human kind).

5 Likes

there’s a pug in McCarthys in Skib and it must be about 25 years of age. I’d say it’s like the yerra’s with fungi… there’s been about 3 different pugs

1 Like

Drinking at sporting events or watching the games is woeful.

I’m sober tonight and have enjoyed these games so much

13 Likes

Absolutely and that goes for GAA too. Always the same breed of chancer who emerges for Championship to get pissed to watch a game.

1 Like