US politics - The Don v Ally McBeal.Single,Successful falling Apart

She’s clearly deranged but what’s up with all the attention she’s getting? Has she been anointed the successor to Trump in terms of media attention? The Democrats have a decent majority in Congress so its not like she has any influence or power.

I’d imagine its the QANON thing. Oddly enough elected representatives are pretty sore about people who raised an armed insurrection on them.

Strange reaction. Don’t you think that a congressman coming out with such weirdness and lies is unsettling and problematic?

Even more unsettling is the line from the teacher about practicing for mass murder on the school premises
“We keep the drills age appropriate”

No. Its par for the course for lots of politicians.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/santa-fe-school-had-a-shooting-plan-armed-officers-and-practice-and-still-10-people-died/2018/05/19/58b1b55e-5b8d-11e8-8b92-45fdd7aaef3c_story.html

Pal of mine lives in Dallas. His kids primary school put armed guards in place couple of years ago after a shooting.

It’s not unusual.

She didn’t just come out with them, she was ‘made to believe’ them.
Poor woman should sue facebook and youtube.

Ok, you’re way off. Good luck and thanks.

She went before the electorate and received 75% of the vote. Her views were well known. Perhaps we should only elect people you like or take the vote away from idiots altogether?

No I never suggested anything like that, you appear to be conflating very different things.

American schools need more guns. Good guys with guns.

“Do you realize that if there had been guards with guns at your school that are trained that Nicolas Cruz would not have killed 17 people in your high school? Good guys with guns hurt bad guys with guns, they’ll kill them, and it will reduce the number of deaths.”

Christ, if there was ever an advert for Semtex, that was it.

1 Like

If an elected politician says that wildfires are being started by evil Jews armed with lasers or that no plane ever even hit the 2 towers on 9/11 that is unsettling and it’s not “par for the course for lots of politicians”.

As for why she’s getting so much attention, she’s the only open QAnon supporter in Congress so she’s a focal point for them and she’s currently raising $1.5million a week, the most of any Congress person. The Democrats also want to use her to discredit the rest of the GOP so it’s a vicious circle.

2 Likes

Politicians and anti semetism are as old as time
 I’m sure if I was so inclined I could find problematic statements from Irish politicians in the recent past.

We have a chap in the DĂĄil who was liking tweets about 9/11 and holograms and saying it would make you think.

The Healy Raes, anti vaccers, the DĂĄil has its fair share of ejits.

Admittedly shes on another level but shes not an abberation in politics. Loons get elected all the time.

The Democrats want to make her the face of the GOP to further fracture their support. Okay fine. But I don’t think that’s a winning strategy. They are still playing politics when they have power. The should focus on what they were elected for and start passing legislation.

1 Like

Ahem, I’m pretty sure she believes that no plane struck the Pentagon

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting about them ‘standing down’ the protesters on the left after the election. I was wondering where they were especially on Jan 6th.

1 Like

Who’s this?

A big silver lining of this pandemic for me is a I now despise Sinn Fein. I’ve no interest in defending any of them anymore. That cunt should be thrown in prison and force-fed healthy snacks.

1 Like

Also this