Venezuela

America is essentially oil independent mate, and pays the going rate for oil wherever it buys it.
Do you even know the history of the oil industry in Venezuela, pre Chavez to now?
A lot of people living in the past here.

The oil companies have been there you dolt.

This is first year SU hack level.

What are these “actual arguments”?

Which of Russia, China or Turkey are you backing on this one?

So the US played no role in the attempted coups! And are not using sanctions to force regime change for the last several years!! Do you think venezeula pose a threat to the united states? Seriously now… because that was obamas justification for his sanctions and a way to circumvent international laws …

I dont doubt that for a second.

Putin is a great leader and is playing a blinder on global issues. If we go to WW3 I’m definitely siding with the Russians.

It’s fascinating to see the delusions of leftists in full flow. I actually personally know several Venezuelan engineers who worked in the oil industry there. The reason they are in the US is Chavez fired all of them, about 10,000 professionals who actually knew how to run an oil industry. Then replaced them with lads he picked up at the Red Cow in Caracas.

What could possibly go wrong? This is the dream of the leftists, get rid of everyone capable and replace them with binmen.

2 Likes

They can’t be too capable if they were dispensed of.

Apologies, I forgot forklift drivers.

1 Like

This sentence alone deserves a nice post. Beautiful.

1 Like

The only thing Venezuela seems to have exported to America in the Chavez regime is workshy spoofers, the Kevs of Venezuela who blame everyone else but themselves for failing to make it there. They will probably be telling you yarns about paedo rings of cops and judges in Guanare and being worried that Chavez or Maduro were going to frame them for being a nonce so they left.

The gangs all here.

Quite delusional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc

Seriously, can we roll on a few years to the here and now?

If the US are just out for oil, then what’s China and Russia’s motives here? Is it because they believe in democracy? All benevolent yeah?

Not too long ago Venezuala was the darling of the Left. Venezuala sold oil at the inflated world prices and I won’t deny they spent money in their country (whilst the leaders also pocketed lots). US oil companies found accommodation despite Chavez gradually destroying the State oil company.

This was built on stilts, however. Venezuala failed to diversify their economy. It was woeful mismanagement of their economy. What has led to this situation and starvation, it is this mismanagement of the economy.

What is ironic in all of this so that many on the Left will bemoan global warming yet we’re cheerleading a country who relied on one the greatest sources of it. The decline of this was inevitable but was cheerleaded widely.

Well, you can’t say Venezuela are not doing their bit to reduce fossil fuels, they were producing over 3 million barrels of oil a day in 2011, it’s now down to 1.5 million and falling at 10% per quarter.

2 Likes

Even Castro Uberfan Trudeau supports Guaidó.

All US imperialism though.

1 Like

Im in the here and now. I just think countries have the right to their sovereignty and self determination once they dont break any internationally agreed laws. And i think they should be free to decide how the country is run without outside interference and influence. This is the culmination of a couple of decades of the US trying for regime change in venezuela. Can we at least agree on that?

That is utter bollix.

I’m not going to defend the US’s actions in the past. It is very possible to criticise one and also hold the position that Venezuala needs fresh elections. FYI though, the coups in Venezuala were not all US led.

What is the end game of your point here? If you do not have free and fair elections then how is a country asserting its sovereignty? The elections were widely criticized as a sham, so we should just along with it?

It seems as though Iraq resulted in totally illogical viewpoints on this. The West was split on Iraq, they are not split here. People are literally gobbling up a regime’s propoganda with China and Russia leading the charge. The sensible people who might have supported Venezuala in the past have called out this sham, others have too large an ego to admit what is going on.