Venezuela

One guilty pleas already, more to follow.

The government regulates the economy by taxation on the wages and profits of those companies.

The government controls the budget. It also regulates the private sector, ergo controls the economy

:laughing:

Nothing further to add your honour.

So, you’ve modified terms from “runs” to “controls” which is somewhat true, although I would say tries to control with mixed success. In capitalist countries governments try and control the economy via regulation, taxes, etc., however the majority of the economy is run by the private sector. Unless you are arguing that the Irish government runs Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Google, and everyone creating jobs and revenue in the country, which I don’t think you are. The main role of government in a capitalist economy is to create a business friendly environment for innovation and investment to flourish. In this regard I would say Ireland is doing an overall good job.

The only countries where the government actually runs the economy are Russia, China (although now 80% of jobs are in the private sector), North Korea, Cuba, etc.

The Trump fanboy who has spent the last three years waffling about “fake news” now hanging on every word of the US press when it comes to anything to do with Venezuela.

You couldn’t make it up.

2 Likes

Like France and the UK. :laughing:

He is deeply conflicted.

I don’t object to people being conflicted, it’s part of the human condition, and very often a positive thing.

What I do object to is an arrogant bullshitter who blatantly contradicts themselves on pretty much every topic they post about, and whose entire debating strategy consists of shouting “communist” at everybody.

A bit rich coming from an Opus Dei member who practices mortification and abstains from sex.
But whatever floats your boat mate.

I lost you at Saudi Arabia a somewhat benevolent medieval monarchy. That’s fairly obscene in fairness.

This is a harrowing report from Orla Guerin on the BBC News from a hospital in Caracas.

By what standard is it obscene?

Mine.

Are you trying to establish yourself as some kind of paragon of virtue? On TFK?
I suggest you are on the wrong forum.

No I’m not.

Good.

Nobody would ever give their opinions either online or offline if they didn’t believe they had some virtue to them, you simpleton.

Except, perhaps, for trolls such as yourself.

Amazing how now that the Saudis are bosom pals with Trump they’re suddenly a “benevolent monarchy”.

I guess Islamism is just fine, as long they’re your Islamists.

To paraphrase somebody, what a fucking brainless poster.

4 Likes

:grinning:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2019/02/venezuela-opposition-takes-steps-seize-control-oil-revenue-190213211415882.html

Super news. The first female appointed to the Board as well, very progressive. :+1: