Wearing of facemasks. Yay, or Nay?

If it’s not facemasks, it’s something else.

1 Like

On a serious note, I found it very uncomfortable today. Like a dog wearing a leash for the first time. There was 100% compliance in all stores I visited today from customers, staff and suppliers alike

1 Like

Yay for me, awkward etc but feck it have to conform

1 Like

Only wore down the shop as the lad at the door isn’t paid enough to argue with my ignorance. Hes doing as he’s told. Saying that they i down think they werestopping people without masks everyone had them.

I had to call into the Crescent shopping centre in Limerick today, I’d say maybe 60%, i put one on anyway, have done for a good few weeks unless i forget and then i don’t sweat it, I’d say the elderly would prefer me to do that and it’s really no problem.

Just by the by, i always thought you were Corks finest boy, just spotted now that you’re not, what’s the story with the name?

He just spelled it wrong.

2 Likes

It’s his signature move.

1 Like

How do you know what’s it’s like for a dog to wear a leash?

I’m married to one :wink:

I don’t think any real evidence has been put forward for masks outside of treating sick people up close and personal.

I’ve mixed feelings about the masks but will wear them in shops from today if for no other reason than to not put some student or shop worker into a shitty dilemma of whether to ask me to leave or not. They’re a bit uncomfortable and I’d hate to see it being a long term measure but if almost full compliance happens in the next few weeks and deaths remain low it will remove another weapon from the dangerous lunatics running Project Fear.

5 Likes

What’s the end game with masks?

Just keep wearing them until we get to 0 cases (i.e. forever)?

1 Like

I saw a video on the internet that visibly demonstrated that if you sneeze with a mask on, you will spread far less fluid around than if you just sneeze out in front of you like an ignorant bollix

How long are you going to be inside the shop? 15-30 minutes tops. Probably less. It won’t kill anyone to wear one.

4 Likes

A face mask is a training aid. It is training you to think you need something to not die from Covid-19.

True, but it still won’t reduce virus transmission. We now know this from SCIENCE.

1 Like

The experts all seem to agree on this - there’s no evidence masks prevent a spread of corona virus.

In fairness most people still won’t go against the masks are not useful mantra based on a science journal paper (its a solid argument, better than us screaming on the internet) as they have been conditioned to believe it will stop the virus. I’m not happy about wearing them, agree that it is not going to stop the virus entirely but I look at it this way, its the believe that people have in them is helping reopen the country and get out from under the bed. It makes people feel better about it. Its like religion gives people belief that there is something good after you kick the bucket.

1 Like

If Mrs O’Sullivan and The Princess tell you to wear a mask, you’ll wear it.

You need medical grade stuff to make a difference … all these fucks walking around with designer masks and home made fashion items are only codding themselves - even the poly ones for single use aint worth a fuck unless they are medical grade.

2 Likes