Words and phrases that are more commonly used on tfk than in real life

Home » Homebond for Structural Defect Home Insurance and BER Services in Ireland

guttural

/ˈɡʌt(ə)r(ə)l/

adjective

1. (of a speech sound) produced in the throat; harsh-sounding.

Sweltering

external-content.duckduckgo.com

4 Likes

My dad loved to use this.

‘I will be paying a visit to my tonsorial artiste’.

2 Likes

He was a good one.

1 Like

A noble word. A personal favourite.

You’re a great man for the words and stringing them together in fairness.

1 Like

I practice by reading threatening missives from solicitors and finance houses seeking fiscal restitution. :hot_face:

2 Likes

You’re around long enough to remember McSharry’s “Fiscal Rectitude” budget shur.

Said MacSharry has sired another offspring with a lady younger that the current Deputy MacSharry.
To say all in well within Camp Mac would be stretching things a tad.

1 Like

By God. He must be well into his 70s?

Wikipedia tells us he’s now 83. The chissler is now about 2 or 3.
Ray was always a serious man when he got a thing into his head. Life in the old dog etc…

“Player maker”

World Cup Quarter Final.

5 Likes

I’m reminded of the old joke;

An elderly millionaire walks into his doctor. Doc I’ve recently married a beautiful young woman, and now she’s pregnant. I need a full physical from head to toe, need to be in top shape for when the little one comes along.
The doctor thinks for a minute and says; I was out for a walk yesterday, and this beuatiful pheasant jumped out of the bush in front of me, of course I’d forgotten my gun, so I picked up my umbrella, pointed it at the pheasant and shouted bang. The Pheasant fell to the ground stone dead.
That’s impossible says the millionaire, someone else must have shot him.
Exactly says the Doctor.

5 Likes

Bedwetter

Covid thread?

Uh huh.

“can you point me to the provision in the constitution where the govt are bound by NPHET advice”

11 Likes