Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Actually, 1 All Ireland Minor Football Medal > Everything else.

How’re the plans for gaff in Galway going?

1 Like
  1. I don’t play for tanland and wouldn’t.
  2. I’ve never declared allegiance to tanland and wouldn’t
  3. I can’t believe I’m even responding to this canard
  4. A pain in the hoop.
  5. It’ll be a lovely house.
  6. Thanks for asking
3 Likes

You still think CJ is a cunt for coming here to work?

3 Likes

I don’t think anything of CJ. I think the fact he was fast tracked into the Ireland set up, over players reared through the system was appalling. I have zero, as in zero doubt he’d have played for South Africa if he could. I observe the regular “but he’s settled here for good with his family” argument which I always felt spurious.
I don’t think he, Aki, lowe, that English lad should be playing for Ireland.
I have no issue with genuine immigrants. He took an Irish lads place because he couldn’t play for his own country, and fucked off because 250000 euro a year wasn’t enough to keep him.
Sin e.

8 Likes

On the other hand

2 Likes

I thought you’d be above this kind of ridiculous strawman.

Peter O’Mahoney on the radio there eulogising CJ as a player “young fellas can look up to, not just here but in the rest of the British Isles”.

‘Pete’ is from Cork, isn’t he?

8 Likes

Shannon are fucked without him. At least they have Casey to put on posters, without the sense of fake pride to it either

Gway out of it, plenty put on the walls in Shannon clubhouse to look at. Plenty more than just pointing at 1 AIL and a Bateman cup

Would it not be Marcus Horan with 67 caps as the most capped Shannon player, followed by Anthony Foley with 62 caps? CJ Stander has 50 caps. There was also of course Peter Stringer who was affiliated to Shannon for a while, but I don’t think too many of his 98 caps were won as a Shannon player.

Andrew Thompson to the best of my knowledge is the most decorated Shannon player in terms of honours won in the club colours. I believe he’s the only player to have played on all 9 Shannon AIL winning teams.

On what basis are you asserting that CJ Stander is the most decorated player in the history of the Shannon club?

4 Likes

O’Stander Lioned out for the Tans.

John Hayes played a few seasons with Shannon too.

Billy O Shea was Shannon’s biggest legend. The silver fox

1 Like

Andrew Thompson was a great player.

Fondly remember watching him in Thomand park with my father and grandfather who played for Shannon. Munster senior cup medal with Dolphin in the 1940’s also - which is a blight on him. :grin:

Its sad to see club rugby now so down.

2 Likes

Correct, he did. John Hayes was affiliated to Bruff for a lot of his caps though.

Colm Tucker is the most decorated Shannon player with the British Lions. He started (and finished) the 3rd and 4th tests in Port Elizabeth and Pretoria in 1980.

1 Like

Tuckers are a big Shannon family.

Seems to be real hatred towards him On here but I’ve good time for him. He was a very good but not brilliant player who always gave his best for Munster and Ireland.

I’d also have huge respect for him for walking away when his heart wasn’t fully in it. It’s easy to take another contract and just get by half heartedly for a couple of seasons.

5 Likes

A Laoisman is Shannon’s greatest ever.

Stander will be a huge loss for Munster. A good guy to be honest - best of luck to him and his family.

1 Like