The Lazy Laz and Uncle Esteban 5k challenge

You could do the virtual Galway Bay while you’re at it

Getting better. Not there yet, but thanks for asking.

I’m entered for that, but that’s easy tbh, the virtual one.

Two weekends to go until the final run of the series. A handful of lads have done all four events to date, fair fucks. We’d a good turnout for the last 5km, so be good to go out with a bang

1 Like

Not that it matters, but I won’t be posting a time. The 5k is no good for me.
I’m doing a swim that weekend anyhow.

3 Likes

Fair play for setting this up. A nice few bob went to charity and it got lads up off their holes. I did the first one to register a time and make a donation. First time I’d ever ran a timed 5k. I was pissed off with my time and wanted to improve so once I got going, the 25 min was my target. Glad to have got it, so once Gaa season finishes I’ll be getting back out again. If it wasn’t for your idea to set it up, I wouldn’t have done it nor want to stick at it, so thanks from me!

4 Likes

Fair play pal. You’re the one who put one foot in front of the other so you’ve only yourself to thank !

2 Likes

The Gah is winding down now so I’m back out just trudging around at the minute to remind my body it can do 5k. I was struggling big time to get there at the start of the year so don’t want to give it up. I did fuck all running for a few months and it’s a real slog again at the minute. The heat today didn’t help. I’m hoping to keep it up over the winter, and hopefully improve my time as it goes along. The mythical 25 mins seems a long way off again though :joy:

2 Likes

Any sign of the park runs coming back? They would be grand to keep you ticking over during the winter.

No update in a good while - they’re afraid of their shite understandably

@caulifloweredneanderthal help!! I am in danger of developing a covid belly here, we cannot let this happen

Get out there mate. Get yourself a running jacket or a baselayer or something for the winter though

I haven’t done a tap since May. Can you fix a 6 week challenge or something?

@lazarus by the end of November you will run 5km without stopping once.

Your training starts now.

2 Likes

Are you on Strava, follow or be followed by a few TFKers to get you out, a bit of accountability and encouragement, I’ve had a few random follows from lads here in recent weeks, I’m burnt out from trying to impress them

3 Likes

Agreed

Was on it and will be again. I miss my Strava E buddys. Now we have the challenge set nothing can stop us :fist:

@Lazarus

I’m at a low base. It might be discouraging if either of us were to keep up with the moses kiptanuis on here.

I’ll do a six week programme with you

1 Like

Lets do it pal. Even though I am at the acceptance stage of my Covid grief process I still reserve the right to lash out and educate you otherwise on the other threads. #inthistogether

I’m not a holder of grudges, I haven’t the longevity for it.

You plan it and I’ll run.

I’ll do a reccie on Wednesday to find a 5km route and if I can actually run for 5km

1 Like