Useless cagers and annoying habits

You are constantly defending Roy Keane despite the growing list of incidents and actions that convey him to be an utter wanker.

1 Like

Here.

Here hear.

There are more public buses than ever before. You can get a bus for 9 euro from Cork City to Dublin airport or city centre. You can get from Dublin to Belfast or Cork via public transport in 2 and a bit hours. Youā€™re denying actual facts if you think it hasnā€™t improved.

Show me a country in the world where 100% of buses run on time all the time. Its physically impossible to the fact that they have to share the roads with car drivers, cyclists and all other forms of maniacs who like to take chances and subsequently cause accidents. The only alternative is to build private roads just for buses.

You might elaborate on this as Iā€™ve never seen anyone refuse to work in a crisis. Irish people more than any other nation will tend to muck in and help out in a crisis regardless of who theyā€™re employed by - its the small bit of community spirit still left.

Take it up with your local election candidate over the next few weeks.

no.

Mussolini made the trains run on time in Italy.

Il Duce. :clap:

2 Likes

Not true. An urban legend

So true

1 Like

You mean the portrait I have hung of him in the hallway in my house, is done on an untruth

Fact

End of

1 Like

Hang it upside down

You see. You have been dragged in to believe everything you read.

I read 10-20 studies a week. Believe me there is alot of didgy science.

Cops and council workers refused to work in bandon with floods.

Some of them had a lcok in at a local pub while the town drowned.

Kev, there are lots of different types of science.

But your statement is far too broad.

Believe me i am quite the cynic and rarely beleive everything i read, i was brought up to question ready than accept.

Studies and their methods may be dodgy but to categorically state that science is dodgy is a tad much.

just with regards to the above as most others have already commented on the rest, Iā€™d disagree with the first, and partially on the second.

In the last year I left my job and set up on my own. It wasnt hard, at all to be honest. I registered the business, and off I went. The bank were very helpful in trying to offer loans or other start up business seminars and stuff like that. I approached the local enterprise office and they too had a massive amount of help and info if needed. They also offer interest free loans too if necessary. I was lucky in that the business pretty much had zero start up costs, so I didnt need a loan or needed to invest capital into it. But in terms of setting up and registering and getting going, it wasnt complicated or hard at all and fortunately it has worked out far better than being on a PAYE payroll.

With regards to foreigners, getting the tax and PPS is fine, getting permits can be hassle, but with an agreeable employer it can be done easily enough. Having to sign in at the guards and re new the immigration stamp is just a formality. I dont see it as being any more complicated than other places, and it is far far cheaper than having to do the same in Australia for example.

Expand on that?
Was it the annual council and Gardai joint christmas party?

Or was it the case that a couple of council workers happened to be out for a few drinks on a night off over Christmas, the flooding started overnight while they were drinking in pub, and you had a few hysterical locals saying "Sure Jimmy Murphy was drinking above in the pub, didnā€™t bother coming down to help? "

Re stamping - all changed. Head knocking stuff. Laughable. Have had to involve a politician. Weā€™ll see how that goes.

Setting up company as in sending off to CRO is easy ya.

No bank would talk to me, which is good in ways, as i am self employed and i would need 3 years of proof of everything. Enterprise boards are helpful but iā€™m not unique enough (even though i am) for any help.

Getting a premises is a farce. Councils have new restrictions in places on gyms. I just need to rename things but still farcical. Suspicious enough too that a leading politician has a son with a Crossfit where everyone is being turned down.

For the missus setting up everything was a joke. 20-30 trips to sort everything. Lack of info, lack of responsibikity etc etc. THE most incompetant people i ever dealt with. Not the same everywhere despite the comfort others like to put with that.

This will all be a moot point in a matter of years. Self driving automobiles are coming sooner than ye think.They will revolutionise transportation. In a couple of decades we probably wonā€™t own cars anymore, whenever you want to go somewhere youā€™ll pull up an app on your phone and a self driving car will show up to pick you up and take you where you need to go. Drink driving will be a thing of the past and pubs will be packed to the gills.

3 Likes

Every single cop and council worker?

Thereā€™s cunts in every walk of life. You using an example of a few idiots in South Cork as a brush to tar the rest of Ireland with is a bit idiotic to be honest. Cops, council workers, volunteers and many others couldnā€™t have done enough in Enniscorthy over Christmas to help out. And from chatting to a work colleague in Athlone I believe it was the same there. Many cops were barely able to spend time with their families as they helped out outside of work hours to help locals.