Coronavirus - Here come the variants

Continuing the discussion from Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas).

Previous discussions:

1 Like

First post

Yesssssssss

1 Like

I had the final word on the last thread.

I’ve no more worlds left to conquer now.

I’ll probably spend a year or two dialling it in on the much less important non Covid threads before retiring.

Need more clips of Ben of the family Gilroy, free man of the land, breaking things with hurl(eys) to lighten the mood.

I’m the eejit alright.

1 Like

I was just about to make these very exact same points so I was, but more eloquentish

Sweden owed a huge apology here

Your comprehension skills are lacking a tad. Mentioning Trump was in reference to @Tierneevin1979 calling victory prematurely, much like his hero.

Finland closed their borders to Sweden last month, again.

https://www.thelocal.com/20210127/finland-closes-borders-with-norway-and-sweden-due-to-covid-19-variant

Here’s why, fatalities per 100k from Covid

Norway = 11
Finland = 13
Denmark = 40
Sweden = 121

Denmark’s higher numbers could be partially explained by their land borders with Germany. @Julio_Geordio uses population density to try and explain away Sweden’s figures but this is obviously too simplistic.

If the likes of @TheUlteriorMotive hadn’t gone mad socializing in various groups in the lead up to Christmas we’d be out the gap now.

1 Like

It appears that the low death rate in Sweden between 1937 and 1946 is really fucking with their Covid stats.

Once again you are very selective with who Sweden can be compared with.

Who should we compare India with?

When is that Swedish lockdown happening that you have been predicting for the past year?

4 Likes

“But they passed a law?!”

2 Likes

Sweden drives the lockdown forever crowd insane. They love to cite English publications like the Guardian having a bash at Sweden and how poorly they have done. I mean it should be obvious to any rational person that a 10% excess mortality rate is far worse than the 100% the UK mainland has experienced.

…and you can’t buy cans after 10PM. A restriction that would cause a revolution in Ireland, the GPO would be sacked again.

Ireland’s figures here. Circa 1k or 3% more than recent years

1 Like
6 Likes
3 Likes

Fully backed up by the likes of Killeen going on radio yesterday saying that the vaccines don’t work on variants.